Saturday, April 5, 2008

Hackintosh - low end configuration experiment

Well,

Some times ago, I start building a cheap Hachintosh with good perfomance. I read InsanelyMac, AppleLife and more


Final config at total price $385:

1. Processor - Intel Celeron 420 (SSSE3 support) 1 Conroe-L core, 1.6G, 512 kb cache - $39,45
2. Motherboard - Intel D945GCPE, Integrated graphics GMA950 - $67.37
3. Hard drive -Samsung SATA 80Gb - $107.99
4. Low-end IDE DVD-ROM - $30
5. Memory 1GB NCP - $36
6. Unknown bluetooth dongle with CSR chipset - $20
7. Apple wireless keyboard - $45
8. Case Inwin V500 - $40

All prices from Amazon.com.


I setup Kalyway distr + ComboUpdate + All updates from Apple (except Graphics update) and this works fine.


And results:
XBench - 98
Video works nativly.
Network 100 mbit work nativly
Audio does not work. But i use wireless headset.
Office work some times slowly.

This config is good for Internet, Email, Blogging, Googling, and some programming. Perfomance for that tasks, is good for me and may helps someone with limited financial resources.

See my new hackintosh config here: Hackintosh Intel DG33TL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can u give me the config for snow leopard on intel D945GCPE
and which distro i should be using please i really need it

Anonymous said...

Can u give me the config for snow leopard on intel D945GCPE
and which distro i should be using please i really need it

my email is sidgroks@gmail.com

plzz tell me wat to dooo